About KVK Nawada
Krishi Vigyan Kendra ,Nawada Established by Indian Council of Agriculture Research ,New Delhi in 1979 under Agriculture Technology Application Research Institute Zone II under Gram Nirman Mandal Sarvodaya Ashram Sokhodera Nawada ,Bihar
The KVK, is an integral part of the National Agricultural Research System (NARS), aims at assessment of location specific technology modules in agriculture and allied enterprises, through technology assessment, refinement and demonstrations. KVKs have been functioning as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technology supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district and are linking the NARS with extension system and farmers.
KVK System: Mandate and Activities
The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK
1. On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
2. Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
3. Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
4. To work as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
5. Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers
In addition, KVKs produce quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agents, livestock) and make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identify and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programs within the mandate of KVK.
To buil capacity of farmer community for livelihood security and Stop migeration of rural yourth to cities .
Land With KVK
Under Building -1.50 ha
Under Demonstration _ 2.0 ha
Under Crop – 10.0ha
Other – 1.50 ha
The District Nawada is bound in the North by Nalanda and Shekpura on the South Giridih and Kodarma East by Jamui and West By Gaya .
Krishi Vigyan Kendra is located in Sarvodaya Ashram Sokhodera Nawada 50km away from District head quarter and 160 km away from State capital Patna .
– The Krishi Vigyan Kendra has spacious building KVK has well equipped training hall , Soil testing laboratory
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra has well furnished farmer hostel. It is having the facilities of accomadation 60 farmers at a time .
The trainess of Krishi Vigyan Kendra avail this facility free of cost and outside farmers utilize by paying nominal charge . The rooms are provided with all bsic amenities like Cat, fan, tublight water etc.
Soil testing laboratory
- The soil testing laboratory at Krishi Vigyan Kendra nawada established for the benefits of the farming community to analyzed soil available nitrogen ,phosphorus potassium calcium and magnesium content. The laboratory provides information on soil testing fertilizer recommendation
Automatic Weather Station
– An automatic weather station has been established at Krishi Vigyan Kendra to record temparture , relative humidity , rainfall , wind speed , sunsine hours etc. This data recordedthorugh solar panel is made available to farmers /agriculture department free of cost.
Based on the weather data, agromat advisory service for integrated agriculture in Nawada District
_ The Krishi Vigyan Kendra possess 15.0 ha land utilized for cultivation of agriculture crops fodder crope and seed , fruit plant relavent to the area
The main purpose of the farm is to demonstrate the latest agriculture practice. Its also acts to tool to perform applied research on agriculture technology & undertake trial before their transfer to farmer.
– The revolving fund of Krishi Vigyan Kendra is utilized production cereal seed , fodder seed , vermicompost production and valu added food product and for sale.
Front Line Demonstration
– FLD programme are conduct for new varieties of oilseed, pulses, paddy , maize, vegetable, and new breeds of poultry goat and other latest production technology for popularization .
Demo Unit Available in our KVK
Vermicompost production unit
Azolla Production unit
Dairy Production unit
Farm implements exhibition